Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Meet the Dover Crafting Ambassadors: Gigi Floyd

Every other Tuesday we'll introduce you to a member of our Dover Crafting Ambassador Program- a group of exceptional artists and crafters known for their dedication to Dover. This post is a continuation of that series.

Today's featured Ambassador is Gigi Floyd! Regularly spotted in our crafting catalogs, Gigi is best known for her beeswax collages and mixed-media work.

 
“I can't remember a time in my life when I wasn't creating something," says Gigi, who says an errant doodle on her mother's table cloth sparked a lifelong love of art. She would later go on to study studio art at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston before heading out west, where she says "my art and all aspects of my life, continue to be nourished by the beauty of the North Coast, and the wonderful community here."

"I am especially jazzed when exploring a new medium and making it my own, and could barely contain my excitement when I first began to explore melted beeswax collage." Gigi says.  "Actually, I can still barely contain my excitement, exuberance, and enthusiasm for what has become my 'signature' medium."

In fact, it was Gigi's beeswax collages that spurred a bit of mutual inspiration between herself and Dover. After we highlighted some of her beautiful entries from our first craft contest in a crafting catalog, Gigi was inspired to create her first website. In turn, after seeing all of her lovely beeswax collages on display in one place, we were inspired to begin our Ambassador program to help shine a spotlight on all of the incredible works being created using our clip art. 

Let's take a look at a couple of Gigi's gorgeous beeswax collages from our Creative Sample Gallery:

This playful collage features an image from Leonardo da Vinci Treasury.

This sample was created using images from RedoutÉ Flowers and Fruits.




Want to see more? Check out Gigi Floyd's website!

No comments:

Post a Comment