Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Tutorial Tuesday: Art Nouveau Flour Sack Towels

I’m Amanda, the Online Marketing Manager for Dover Publications and DoverPictura. In addition to hosting our Facebook and Pinterest pages, I run the Dover Crafting Ambassador Program, a group of exceptional artists and crafters who are known for their dedication to Dover!

Each month I help our talented Ambassadors dream up incredible new projects to share. You'll see them begin appear in our Creative Sample Gallery and now, each Tuesday, right here on this blog.

To get started, Ambassador Jennifer Robinson shares this quick and easy tutorial for making beautiful flour sack towels that add Art Nouveau elegance to your kitchen and make a great housewarming or Mother's Day gift, too!



Super Simple Flour Sack Towel Transfers

You'll need:

plain white flour sack towels
iron on transfer paper
Art Nouveau clip art of your choice (I used several image sheets from Art Nouveau Floral and Animal Designs)
razor
pins

Instructions:


1. Wash and iron your flour sack towels.

2. Measure and print out your selected clip art onto the transfer paper.


3. Trim the edges of your design with a razor.



4. Pin the motif together with the edges overlapping.

5. Iron on, removing the pins as you go.




6. Carefully peel the top sheet of the transfer.





Tips: Want a weathered look? Peel while the transfer is still warm. For a smooth, glossy transfer wait until the transfer has fully cooled.

Wash the towels a couple of times to soften the transfer before you use them.

Enjoy!


Jennifer Robinson is a self-taught, mixed media mosaic artist living in the desert southwest. She says "I’ve experimented with various artistic mediums and crafts over the years, but I feel like I’ve found my one true love in working with glass mosaics. I am currently working on developing my portfolio and skill set as it relates to skull mosaics." See Jennifer's amazing work at www.jenniferrobinsonmosaics.com, visit her Etsy shop, or find more tutorials on her blog. 

1 comment:

  1. I found so many interesting in your blog especially its discussion. keep up the good work. Wholesale Towels

    ReplyDelete